After three release candidates that gave us a sneak peek at their latest version of Firefox, the guys over at Mozilla present us with the next step in their never-ending development agenda: the final version of Firefox 3.5.
But what about the average Firefox user who spend a few hours every day browsing the web? Well, there are certainly a few new features that make the new Firefox even easier and more comfortable to use. One of them is the Awesome bar, which has been improved and now accepts special characters with which you can filter and narrow your searches. Browsing history has also been enhanced, with new tools to clear browsing traces from just the past two or four hours, or from a specific website only thanks to the "Forget about this site" option.
Other interesting features included in Firefox 3.5 are the Private Browsing mode (which lets you browse the web without leaving any traces behind) and support for Open Video, which enables you to right-click on certain videos and access extended options to control,
Video integration has also been improved in this version of Firefox. When you open certain videos, you’ll able to right-click to display options that allow you to control, save or send the video, among others. Flash videos don't seem to be supported though.
The new Firefox 3.5 includes many new exciting features that will make your web browsing even more enjoyable.
- Firefox 3.5 is based on the Gecko 1.9.1 rendering platform, which has been under development for the past year. Firefox 3.5 offers many changes over the previous version, supporting new web technologies, improving performance and ease of use. Some of the notable features are:
- Available in more than 70 languages.
- Support for the HTML5
- Improved tools for controlling your private data, including a Private Browsing Mode.
- The ability to share your location with websites using Location Aware Browsing.
- Support for native JSON, and web worker threads.
- Improvements to the Gecko layout engine, including speculative parsing for faster content rendering.
- Version 3.5.7 improvements:
- Fixed a common stability issue.
- Fixed a problem with how updates were being presented to users.